We have identified the java connector shall be back and supportable again.
To make it supportable we have to improve it in following areas:
- stability (improve exception handling) - done
- diagnosing (logging - we need to have ways to make sure we can operate the solution, diagnose what is happening and report back to midPoint server relevant part of errors) - done
- latest ConnID API, we know we are missing some latest support in ConnId API, like delta updates, so some latest connector won't work till we implement the support - done
- support and test with Java17
- document usage and configuration of it
- add it to the list of connectors
- communication protocol and security
- http/2.0 aka websocket
- ssl - we have to make it up to date with latest channel security standards.
- review protocol for current communication, only if necessary make it http(s).
- rename the project? (when we switch to websocket)
- server start
- docker image for connector server
- daemon - make the java connector server possible to run as daemon.
- contribute to upstream ConnId